Director of Marketing and Communications
Change Doesn’t Happen Alone
United Way of the Chattahoochee Valley plays an important role in building our community. We are a nonprofit organization led by local volunteers that collaborate with local partners, schools, organizations and corporations on priority community issues to help make the greatest difference.
We lead a network of corporate and community-based partners in addressing the education, income, health and basic needs related issues of all people in the Chattahoochee Valley. We seek to empower community action by being at the leading edge of innovation, using both best practices and next practices of resource development and collective impact in the service of the community.
Director, Marketing and Communications
Reports to CEO
In collaboration with Community Initiatives, Resource Development, Finance and Home for Good, the Director of Marketing and Communications implements integrated brand, advertising, sponsorship, public relations and local market media relations campaigns to proactively promote company initiatives as well as United Way’s brand and services to external and internal audiences to drive brand reputation, awareness, engagement and support.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides strategic vision and daily direction for the Marketing and Communications (MarCom) department.
- Advances the position of United Way within the community and among key stakeholder groups.
- Provides exceptional writing and editing skills to include press releases, articles, executive key messages, award submissions, event programs, client stories and more.
- Serves as a representative of the company and proactively pitches United Way in the community to businesses, partner agencies, donors, local media and other stakeholder groups.
- Coordinates staff and executive media interviews, speaking engagements, and media events and tours with support as needed.
- Builds and maintains key relationships with stakeholder groups. Responsible for management of all MarCom projects.
- Leads social media efforts, marketing campaigns and public relations efforts for the organization.
- Collaborates with internal and external partners to tell the story of United Way in the community.
- Uses a full portfolio of media and communications platforms, including traditional methods and emerging technology opportunities.
- Maintains clearly documented project plans and timelines and meets established deadlines and budget parameters within plans; provides accurate marketing campaign reporting and measurement.
- Proactively brings best practices of nonprofit marketing and communications to our organization.
- Provides leadership, supervision, and oversight for staff and volunteers
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Five years of related marketing and communications experience
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and handle multiple priorities
- Work collaboratively
- Excellent writing, analytical, presentation, and verbal communication skills
- Advanced ability to use emerging technology to promote the mission and vision of United Way
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Three years of supervisory experience preferred
Please submit resume and cover letter to Ben Moser at email@example.com with subject Application: Director, Marketing and Communications
Position posting closes November 8, 2019 at 5 PM EST
United Way of the Chattahoochee Valley, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.