The Weekly Coronavirus Response Update Call will be changing to a Bi-Weekly (every other Wednesday) format. The next call will be Wednesday, February 3, 2021.
Each Wednesday, the Community Foundation and United Way host a Community Call to offer area service providers & other essential partners a way to disseminate information about local plans, impact & needs as our community moves together through the Covid-19 crisis.
We see this call as a vital part of our organizations’ Coronavirus Response Fund work, as we help philanthropists in our community maximize their effectiveness during this crisis.
Columbus, GA, Area Coronavirus Response Update Call
Hosted by the Community Foundation and the
United Way of the Chattahoochee Valley
Every other Wednesday, 10 AM EDT
You may connect with the call using the numbers below. Please note that the call-in number is not toll-free; you may prefer to call in with a cell phone depending on your plan. The call instructions are below:
- Call opens- Betsy Covington, CFCV
- National and/or state news item(s)- Ben Moser, UWCV
- Elevated issue of local concern or awareness- Betsy and Ben
Economic Sector and Impact Area Updates
- Mayor Skip Henderson, Columbus Consolidated Government
- Dr. David Lewis, Superintendent, Muscogee County School District
- Department of Public Health (Columbus Health Department)
- Food: nonprofit representatives- Frank Sheppard, Feeding the Valley Food Bank
- Health: health system representatives- Melody Trimble, St Francis-Emory Healthcare
- Housing: nonprofit representatives- Pat Frey, Home for Good/UWCV
- Youth Service/Elder Services: nonprofit representatives
Grants/projects update- Betsy
Making Connections (Open Forum)
- Ben moderates
- Betsy closes call